Theoretical introduction and practical experimentation to acquire a first level of training about working of scagliola that is called stucco marble, artistic marble and artificial marble, too.
- historical outline of the working and visit to Bianco Bianchi collection
- technique of work, materials and their components
- preparation of coloured marbled material
- creation of little panels and manufactured articles with the process of filling, levelling, plastering and polishing.
It is also possible to make, on request, short demonstrations of working and individual courses. Dates and charges to define.
Scagliola course in Villa Petraia - Florence. June 2012
HOURS AND CENTRE OF THE SCHOOL:
The course will be at the workshop in Via Lisbona, 4 E - 50065 Pontassieve (FI). It will be for a term of six days starting on Monday. The hours:
- Monday till Friday: h. 09.00 AM - 05.00 PM
- Saturday: h. 09.00 AM - 12.00 AM
During the summer the course could be made in a farm-holiday. You'll be informed at the moment of the registration.
- service of translation
- logistic assistance
- materials and tools
Payment can be made by bank transfer:
International details: IT93 S061 6002 8250 0001 0286 C00 - Cod. BIC CRFIIT3FXXX
Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze
Terms of payment: 50% account at the moment of registration, settlement 30 days before the beginning of the course.
Per il pernottamento nella zona si consiglia:
- Hotel Moderno: www.hotelmodernofirenze.it
- Locanda Toscani da Sempre: www.toscanidasempre.it/
- Bed and Breakfast i Villini: www.ivillini.it
For stay in Florence please visit www.firenzeturismo.it
For admission you must fill in the application form. You can send it back by fax (0039-55686118) or mail.
The minimum number of people present is four, the maximum is ten.
We have the right to cancel a course if the minimum number is not reached.
The payment will be refunded only if the workshop must suspend or adjourn the course.
The course is in Italian language with translation in English (in the morning)
At the end of the course the workshop grants a certificate of attendance.